Friday, January 23, 2009

Intro to New Blog

Greetings!

We just got married and moved to our nation's capital! Excitement, fear, anticipation: these are only some of the feelings that we experience as we embark on our adventures of being married, looking for jobs and searching for purpose in Washington D.C. I say "we" - alluding to Dave and myself (Alicia), but more than likely I will be doing most of the reflection and writing.

It is an exciting and stressful time - for us and for most everyone else in the world. We are excited about the changes to come, and worried about the effects of the economy and global politics. We hope to be involved to strive for good change: by making individual efforts to help strive towards environment friendly habits and international justice - just as using a cloth shopping bag and buying fair trade; but also by searching to be part of a larger community to support legislation and movements that support equality and equity, encourage growth in social capital as well as economics. It is difficult, but we are praying that we can resist the temptation to strive for comfort and instead living lives that reflect our mandate to love and serve others as we have been served.

I am not really sure to whom I am writing, mostly to myself and my husband, but I think by just making a statement concerning my intentions, I make them more real, more tangible, and perhaps more sustainable.

1 comment: